What the Candidate would be doing :
• Excel spread sheet to work through in order to contact locations (France/Germany/Poland) around servers that have been identified for consolidation into the UK Datacenter.
• Server Build – once approved by the manager, the servers are built as per VMware templates and standards in the team following a checklist of items.
• Application Installation and Testing – the application installation with assistance from the location can be performed by the location or instructions given to the Server Engineer usually within a suitable timeframe with testing advised up to a maximum of 1 month before going into Production.
• Additional time may be required if an application is being placed into the test environment first moving to production
• Familiarity with Windows Remote Desktop Services would help as some applications are hosted here first before building onto dedicated application servers in VMware.
• Requirement to sit in weekly meeting with the other team members on this project to give status updates.
The target would be to consolidate 15 servers on a monthly basis. ( This could be bringing up a new server in the UK or retiring of a server at a divisional location )